Ex-service organisations (ESOs) provide support to current and former Australian Defence Force members. Their services may include:
- lobbying to promote improved conditions and support for the serving and veteran communities
- support, particularly if you're seeking support and services from Defence or DVA
- wellbeing support for current and former members and their families
- help with seeking compensation or financial assistance from DVA
- home and hospital visits, and aged care support
- employment and vocational advice, and
- social activities to provide mutual support and networking opportunities.
Many ESOs have advocacy services using wellbeing and compensation advocates with qualifications in the Course in Military Advocacy. These advocacy services can provide you with information about community and government services available to veterans and families. This may include assisting with rehabilitation and compensation advice pertaining to service- related injuries.
If you are seeking an ESO advocacy service even just to ask questions please use the ATDP Advocacy Register – using the “Find an ESO advocacy service button” to the right.